We understand Mums
We understand the pressures that come with being a Mum and running a small business. We know:
- Your time is precious, and you need flexibility around your children and work;
- You need someone who gets your business and speaks your language;
- You need someone who believes in your business goals and wants you to succeed; and
- You work best when you are not worried about unnecessary legal risks.
As Mum lawyers, specialising in small business law we help simplify your legals and support your business to thrive. We have embraced online legal technology which means that we can work flexibly, and help give you peace of mind.
We know the law
We have an intimate knowledge of the types of legal issues you may come across. We have:
- A wealth of legal experience gained from working at some of the worlds top law firms and companies;
- Worked alongside small businesses for many years at the start-up stage, whilst they have grown, and with some as they have gone global or developed a franchising model; and
- Helped many different types of solopreneurs and small businesses with some of the more unusual ones being a yacht delivery business, a kids archery tag business, and speed dating event organisation.
As Mum lawyers we believe that small business is “the new black” and that Mumpreneurs are the future.
The Mumpreneur Lawyer/ Mum Lawyer
MLLP (Master of Law and Legal Practice, UTS).
BArts (Music and Performance Studies, University of Sydney).
Member of The Law Society of NSW.
Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW, 2005.
We contribute to the community
Our Founder has performed pro bono work over the years in the way of legal assistance to:
- International Bridges to Justice (a human rights organisation who is at the forefront of implementing UN goals – including to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels (UN SDG 15));
- Environmental Defenders Australia (an organisation which protects the environment through law and engages in policy and law reform to improve environmental laws);
- Surf Life Saving Australia (promoting beach safety and building better communities);
- Surfing Mums Australia (a non-profit promoting Mums to get back into the water after kids); and
- The Actors Benevolent Fund (a non-profit looking after entertainment professionals who have an injury, illness or disability).