Hi! I’m Davina and great to virtually meet you.
If you want to make sure I’m properly qualified to work with you, you can check out my LinkedIn profile here.
You’ll see that I have:
- 15 years of legal experience gained from working at some of the worlds top law firms and companies;
- Worked alongside small businesses for many years at the start-up stage, whilst they have grown, and with some as they have gone global or developed a franchising model;
- Helped many different types of solopreneurs and small businesses with some of the more unusual ones being a yacht delivery biz, a kids archery tag biz and speed dating biz;
- Co-authored a book, Back Yourself which inspires women to build the businesses they have been dreaming of; and
- Won the B2B Service Ausmumpreneur Award in 2020.
The Mumpreneur Lawyer/ Mum Lawyer
MLLP (Master of Law and Legal Practice, University of Technology, Sydney).
BArts (Music and Performance Studies, University of Sydney).
Member of The Law Society of NSW.
Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW, 2005.
If you’d like to get to know me, you can follow me on Insta.
You’ll see that I:
- like to support small biz;
- adore my role as Mum of One;
- am passionate about gender equality;
- love to dance, sing and surf;
- like to explore new tech; and
- am an advocate for mental health.
@mum_lawyerInstagram has returned invalid data.
I am a Mum of One, Passionate Entrepreneur and Lover of Law.
I have a wealth of legal experience not just working as a business lawyer, but also through working in litigation. That means I have a head start in knowing what sort of issues can end up in court, and how to draft agreements so that they best protect you.
The Mumpreneur Lawyer was born out of a frustration with the legal industry. I was annoyed at the way law firms were billing clients, and the reluctance for change and embracing technology. And I was disappointed that Mums had very little option other than to take their kids along to legal appointments with lawyers that spoke to them in another language. Becoming a Mum also changed me; I suddenly wanted to live a life where I would have a consistent presence in my son’s life, and understood why so many other women wanted to do the same.
Embarking on my own journey in setting up a small business has been a learning curve, and now I have more empathy than ever for the challenges faced by small business owners. My business enables me to help Mums in a similar situation setting up businesses, that don’t have any legal knowledge and don’t have their legal position protected. This brings me huge satisfaction and joy.
Now, I can’t wait to hear about you and why you started your business!
Davina has performed pro bono work over the years in the way of legal assistance to:
- International Bridges to Justice (a human rights organisation who is at the forefront of implementing UN goals – including to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels (UN SDG 15));
- Environmental Defenders Australia (an organisation which protects the environment through law and engages in policy and law reform to improve environmental laws);
- Surf Life Saving Australia (promoting beach safety and building better communities);
- Surfing Mums Australia (a non-profit promoting Mums to get back into the water after kids); and
- The Actors Benevolent Fund (a non-profit looking after entertainment professionals who have an injury, illness or disability).